18.7.16

Day 3 going to Yorkshire and attending a movie premier!

Hello!
I'm still in the UK so I thought I'd tell you what I've been up to.

I woke up in Edinburgh and went to bed in Yorkshire. A four hour drive to get there, we stayed at the Leeming Wells hotel



 Not bad. I had a whole room to myself while my dad and brother shared a two bedroom right next door to me. Not bad indeed.


We then drove down to a chapel in a small village to watch the premier of the movie Mountain Biking, The Untold British Story.  We got comfy and sat down with our curry's.




 My dad played a big part in Mountain Bike history and he is interviewed in the film!



He started up the first successful mountain bike company Muddy Fox, it has since changed ownership a few times I'm guessing!
But still does mountain bikes and is going strong!
The film talks about the beginning of the mountain bike era and how far it's come, and the competitive side of the industry.
By the end of it I was near tears, and ready to jump on my bike and explore the world.

 I thought my dad was going to drag me to this boring documentary thing about bikes. UGH.
But it turned out I was wrong, the film is not only interesting but emotional and funny. It leaves you wanting more.
Also there were goodies bags! This makes me feel like I'm prepared for a big adventure with my bike now, I'll be fully equipped.

14 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing trip!

    xo
    Allie
    https://alliesfashionalley.com/2016/07/sweaty-betty-summer-training/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update! Love the play-by-play photos from your experience. Super jealous!

    https://danarbauman.wordpress.com/2016/07/16/intern-style-episode-5/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first mountain bike we owned in our house was a muddy fox x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you received a warm welcome as being a Brit, I know those up North are famed for their friendliness. Not that the rest of the country isn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an outsider wherever I go, I do have a British passport and nationality but I was born in Spain and have never lived here in the UK, so some Brits may consider me a Spanish person some a British person. The Spanish think of me as a Brit and some as a Spaniard . It's all very complicated.

      Delete
  5. I love how you did this. It is almost as good as being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that sounds lovely! I have of course heard of Muddy Fox :-) what a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hotel and views looked lovely, plus you can never go wrong with goodie bags :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun! Glad it was better than you expected! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you had a fun day with your fam
    Loves from Sun & http://likesocharming.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Looks like you had a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you thoroughly enjoyed your day, it looked like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post, you have a cool dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a lot of fun! How cool for your dad to be part of the movie. You must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete