4.9.16

Making friends as an adult- Huggle app

Who remembers the days when we could just run up to somebody and say ''tag you're it!'' and you'd instantly be friends chasing after each other, playing games, causing havoc wherever you went with each other?

I do.

Making friends as an adult isn't that easy, as an adult we can probably count how many friends we have on one hand.
In preschool, or kindergarten or whatever you want to call it, I was making new friends everyday.
As I got older I, and I think all of us must do this at some point, I started to distance myself from certain people or my friends had to move abroad and we lost contact.

Now I'm going to be moving, not abroad but still, to a place where I only know one person.

I've been offered to try a new app that should make it easier to meet new people, and being as shy and antisocial as I am, I appreciate the help or the push to be introduced to new people. (Plus, social media is becoming more and more of a way of life, a way of socializing)


Starting Tuesday I'm going to be using the app to see if it really works and report back on my results. In the meantime I'm going to tell you a little bit about the app itself.

The app isn't intended for dating, (like most meeting or social apps that are advertised do), Huggle is intended for you to be able to make new friends or meet new people through the places you visit throughout each day.

I need all the socialization (help!) I can get because I am going to feel very lost,living in a city ,on my own , for the first time ever, and as I said before I only know one person in this big big place. (It might not seem big to some people but it does to me) Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.




  • How does it work?


  1. Click on the app and the loading screen appears, it doesn't take long to load which impressed me because many times I have spent more than 3 minutes staring at a loading screen.






2. Next step, logging in to as much social media as possible. 

The app needs to access your videos and photos and location.



3. Once you've turned on your location, you will get notifications from the app,asking you if you were at any of these places,and showing you other people that were or are at this exact place.


 

4. You can access their profile (I've decided to show you mine because I don't want to get in trouble for sharing a strangers profile). The profile will be able to tell you what age the person is,the place in common that you have,their current location, and the languages they speak and there's even a little about me section if they decide to fill it in. You can either decide to send this person a wink or a message.





I have already connected with another blogger! Although the place that we have in common is in the island I've just moved away from haha.

Throughout the course of two weeks or so, I've tried to connect with other bloggers but he is the only one that has replied, and even then it was a brief conversation of hello and how are you.

Overall, I think I'm going to struggle with this app but I will try and persevere, the good thing about it is that it makes you more aware of your surroundings, asking if you were at a certain place at a certain date and time.
If you're in a new place, like myself, this helps because you start to remember the names of bars and restaurants etc and it makes you more aware of your surroundings.

I'm going to keep using this app and see if I manage to lose my shyness.
Do you think I will be able to loosen up with people?
Leave a comment!

Until then I bid you farewell my lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. That's interesting! I'll sure try it when I'm back in Prague :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of it. Love to hear your update on usage,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting to know! Dint hear about this app before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool app! I'll send it to a couple of friends :)
    xo,
    Maca

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty neat!! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best luck in your new place. I know the feeling (I did a several years ago when I moved abroad)..there will be struggles but you'll be okay. The app is something interesting though. It's always nice to get to know new people.

    ReplyDelete